Tuesday 1 July 2014

Winning Writing from Years 2 to 4

Winning writing from our Year 2 to 4 poets:

I Wish I was Famous - by Waka (Y3)  

                                                                             
I wish I was famous
and had ten top hits

I wish I was famous
but girls would chase me
and it would be
irritating

(Note from Mrs K:  Waka's poem was a personal favourite!)


I Wish - by Xavier S (Y3)

I wish I smelt like perfume
I wish I was fast like Turbo
I wish I could be covered
in robot parts
I wish...


I Wish I was Famous and Rich - by Nehemiah L (Y3)

I wish I was famous and rich.
I wish I was famous because I can sing.
I wish I was famous so people could see me.

I wish I was famous...
but I would get sick of signing autographs.


I wish I lived in Candyland - by Hannah M (Y3)

I wish I lived in Candyland
I wish I could drink chocolate milk
I wish I could eat chocolate fingers
I wish I had a bed made of marshmallows
I wish I could eat trees of liquorice
I wish the snow was made of ice cream
I wish the clouds were made of candyfloss
I wish water was lemonade
I wish soap was sugar


I Wish I Could Change the World - by Hannah L-M (Y3)

I wish I could change the world
I wish every piece of grass were curled
I wish I owned every shop
I wish popcorn did not pop
I wish I could breathe ice
I wish I could get advice from mice
                         (Hannah's poem was selected as a judge's favourite!)



I Wish I had a Sheep - by Bridget G (Y3)

I wish that I had a sheep
I wish that I had a sheep so I could
                           be Bo-Peep
I wish my sheep did tricks
I wish my sheep picked
                           at the hay
I wish that it had thumbs
I wish that it got plums
I wish that it drank rum
 (Bridget's poem was selected as a judge's favourite!)


The Lady Who Stood There - by Sacha W (Y4)

Her eyes were as blue as the sea.
Her smile was a perfect as a perfect piece of art.
She was as tall as a skyscraper.
She had a dress as pink as a marshmallow.
Her hair was as blond and straight as a yellow plank in the playground.
Her high heels were as pink as a rose.
She looked like a fashion model.
She smelt like lemons and limes.
Her dog looked like a small lion.
Her perfectness was as perfect as perfect could be.
(Sacha's poem was also a judge's favourite!)



I wish - by Soverin (Y3)

I wish there were no teacher.
I wish lollies could rain down to the ground.
I wish I was rich
I wish I could fly.
I wish I was fast.
I wish we didn’t do homework or math.


I wish - by Vann G (Y3)

I wish I could fly
I wish the houses and the school
were made out of chocolate
I wish Turbo was real to race


I wish I was famous - by Michael V (Y3)

I wish I was famous and rich
     so I could get a mansion
I wish I was famous
     because girls would chase me
I wish I was famous
     but I don't like the paparazzi


I am Carlos - by Carlos S-J (Y2)

I am cool
I like skateboarding
I don’t like pumpkin

I’m afraid of heights
I wish to be a lizard
I dream of being an All-Black

I pretend my toys are real
I can score a goal
I am Carlos


I am Finn - by Finn D (Y2)

I am happy
I like Woody
I don’t like fleas
   because they are itchy (they come from my cat)

I’m afraid of sharks
I wish for a dog
I dream of super heroes

I pretend to be a secret agent, like Joe 90
I can climb trees
I am Finn


I am Jorja - by Jorja S (Y2)

I am happy
I like cats
I don’t like spiders

I’m afraid of scary noises
I wish I was a mermaid
I dream of having ten cats

I pretend the characters of Jack Frost are real
I can add 2 + 2
I am Jorja


I am Noah - by Noah H (Y2)

I am cool
I like Lego City
I don’t like the flu

I’m afraid of robbers
I dream of funny fish
I pretend I’m going on holiday
I can be really funny and silly

I wish I could have magical powers
       If I had the magic power of invisibility
       I would be good at hide and seek
       Rocco would say “Where are you?”
       for one thousand days!

I am Noah 

No comments:

Post a Comment